Have you ever felt as though you’re living out the “same-day-repeated-time-loop” premise enshrined in the classic movie, Groundhog Day? Your daily routine never changes. You seem to face the same repeated stumbling blocks and hurdles. You feel stuck in the same rut.
Living your life feeling “stuck” is not only unfulfilling, but can also be frustrating.
There is no time like now to break this ho-hum cycle and begin a process of recharging your life!
Kickstart with red
Red is the color of physical movement, which couldn’t be more appropriate because regaining control over your life requires action and movement in the world around us. The hue exudes passion, energy and alertness — feelings that can get your heart racing and put a little pep in your step.
When you’re getting ready at home each morning, see if there is anything red in your wardrobe to toss on. Even red lipstick may invoke the stimulating feeling of passion within us.
You see, without realizing it, we might be living some of our lives subconsciously; going through the motions of what needs to be done or what we think we should do. Incorporating red into our physical environment may help us to be present and break with our routine way of thinking.
If we begin to live in the moment, we are more likely to be open to new experiences and say “yes” to life. As author Neale Donald Walsch once said,
“Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.”
This can be one of the first steps to recharging.
Red and the power of light
Red is the longest wavelength in the light spectrum and a powerful way to invigorate your life and your body.
The more recent discovery of red light therapy, discovered by NASA no less, has been proven effective for skin problems and pain relief — two physical conditions that can result from an overtired daily routine. Interestingly, red light can diminish wrinkles, blemishes and acne and also target pain in the back, neck, nerves and more.
The mind-body connection is becoming increasingly recognized for the significant role it plays in our daily lives. If we are feeling stuck, unhappy or in poor emotional health, physical symptoms and conditions can arise.
Renew yourself with the benefits of red + steam
Incorporating color into your life, particularly in those sanctuaries where you seek to recharge, might help to improve their positive effect on you and can take your relaxation to a new level.
ChromaTherapy, which integrates light with rejuvenating steam, is a perfect example.
Rich with color and warmth, the MrSteam ChromaSteam system brings six exuberant colors — including red — into your personal spa, to possibly enhance or alter your mood.
Not only might the red light help your skin and body feel better, but your steam experience will be enhanced.
Red ChromaSteam is one potentially helpful step in renewing yourself, and propelling you to take further action outside of the shower to revive your life.
Are you ready to recharge your life?
Now is the time to start living and pushing your comfort zone, “where life begins.”
Here are a few tips that are sure to get you started on your way to living a healthier, happier and more fulfilling life.
- Spend time in nature and notice the vibrant colors that surround you. As the cliche goes, take time to smell the roses!
- Plan your next vacation. The excitement around planning and visualizing your getaway should fill you with positive anticipation.
- Clean the clutter. Your energy feeds off your environment, which is why it’s important to reduce messiness and eliminate unnecessary items.
- Connect with your inner child. Break out those red markers and crayons and get to coloring. Art can be therapeutic, helping us to explore feelings, foster self-awareness and reduce anxiety.
- Unplug to recharge. Sound counterintuitive? Unwanted influence and thoughts can impart themselves as we scroll through our social media feeds. After all, can everyone be *that* happy? Instead of reading about someone else’s escapades, we should get up and out to experience the world.
Change is essential to helping eliminate that “Groundhog Day” feeling. You have the power to break the tired cycle and recharge your life!
If you enjoyed this article, we invite you to read other articles in the ChromaTherapy series: